As a Technical Project Manager at Momentum Dynamics, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal and external customers to usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives and customers as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to bring structure while implementing complex, project-based processes to bring increased efficiency in the delivery of all projects and services and in turn, enhanced client satisfaction. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be the cornerstone of operations communication with technical cross-functional teams in the development of new products. You are well versed in engineering and manufacturing environments and will lead a team of professionals to ensure products are designed and built to high standards in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment.
- Manage the operations side of large projects from potentially new designs, integrations, production and test.
- Serve as technical lead in resolving complex issues during bring-up and life of product.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers (mechanical, electrical, software, power) and others in the development and support of new product introductions.
- Be an operational lead in communicating project readiness. Identify, prioritize and manage key technical changes and risks of a given product; ensure all technical risks associated with a product are identified and closed or mitigated to enable the quality ramp of a product.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to client services, service delivery, technology and other team members at designated milestones.
- Review and submit all equipment requirement plans, along with an assessment of the robustness of the solution to meet the requirements of the operation, and the implementation of any additional solutions to mitigate any risks to the plan.
- Serve as the technical advisor for the product line for the end-to-end life cycle of the product. Ensure operations technical readiness for all phases of the introduction cycle.
- Assemble and coordinate internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team.
- Ensures that project milestones and goals are met and adhere to assigned approved budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project experience managing cross-functional, technical teams.
- Experience ensuring operational technical readiness for all phases of the product introduction cycle in a manufacturing environment.
- Competent in ensuring integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Provides status reporting on project key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery.
- Communicates with executive team, engineering and business leadership to communicate program strategy, direction, and changes.
- Must be able to establish milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules, identify delivery risks, and obtain/drive mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Serve as a conduit between deployment and engineering to ensure requirements and design considerations are incorporated to improve deployment and sustainability of software and services.
- Manages and communicates detailed project plans, manages communication cadence and drives the team to meet tight deadlines
- Analyzes issues and develops viable solutions; and directs the work of internal and external resources as well as with our customers.
- Establish extensive knowledge of department processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years Project Management experience in a cross-functional engineering environment.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools. Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to team development; able to work well in cross-functional teams
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (general physical requirements; i.e. Computer, lifting, standing etc.)
Momentum Dynamics Corporation is the global leader in high-power wireless charging for electric vehicles. The company’s proprietary magnetic induction system offers commercial and passenger electric and hybrid vehicles the ability to charge their batteries under all weather conditions with completely automatic operation. Drivers no longer need to plug their vehicles into a charging station, and can charge routinely to achieve a full charge, and also “opportunistically” while traveling from destination to destination to achieve longer vehicle driving ranges. Momentum’s systems for electric vehicles have been demonstrated with multiple vehicle types and can be installed at prices comparable to Level 3 plug-in public chargers. This technology is compatible with today’s electric vehicle technology but is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s more advanced vehicles.